Cardiac care compensation claims
If you are a victim of negligent cardiac care, you may wish to complain or seek compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Information about cardiac care claims
- How much can I claim?
- What can I claim compensation for?
- Making a claim for compensation
A specialist medical negligence solicitor is an expert in dealing with all types of negligence cases relating to:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Angina pectoris
- Heart rhythm problems such as atrial fibrillation
- Other cardiac problems
Medical negligence claims for these types of problems are often based around misdiagnosis or non diagnosis of the problem, the consequences of failing to treat and diagnose a heart condition can be devastating, resulting in a heart attack in some cases. Unfortunately angina and heart attacks are sometimes diagnosed incorrectly as indigestion or other more minor disorders.
Claims may arise because;
- The appropriate diagnostic tests are not conducted in the first place when the patient first complains of chest pain.
- Failure by a GP to recognise an infected haematoma following a routine angiogram
- Failure to diagnose angina when the patient first presents with chest pain
Misdiagnosis or late diagnosis can lead to the patient suffering pain, severe heart damage or even death, often because the patient did not receive timely treatment for the heart problem. Appropriate prioritising of corrective surgery is important to minimise the risk to health.
A number of factors will determine the value of your settlement:
- The type of injury and how severe the injury is
- Did you recover fully from the injury or do you have ongoing problems
- What are the long term effects on your health
- Did the injury cause you other losses such as loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
- The loss of comfort/convenience/quality of life caused by your injury
- Medical care costs
- Costs involved in adapting your home to meet your new requirements as a result of your injury
- Other out of pocket expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment, such as travel expenses
A specialist medical negligence solicitor can assess your case and inform you about:
- How strong your case is
- The likelyhood of making a successful claim
- The amount of compensation you may receive if your claim is successful
- Pursue a claim on your behalf